As a vital and valued member of the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll be responsible to partner with agency management and staff to build and execute HR strategy, structure and processes to attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest and to position Gateway as the employer of choice for those who choose service to others as their career.
Qualifications of the successful candidate:
· A passion for and commitment to the non-profit sector and its values, and the mission and clients of Gateway.
· At least five (5) years of experience at the senior management level with at least two (2) years in a leadership role managing and directing an HR Department or key HR functions at the enterprise level of large organizations or systems.
· Experience across different organizations and settings in healthcare, education, non-profit social services along with private sector background strongly preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree strongly preferred. PHR required, SPHR preferred.
· Demonstrated success in designing and implementing HR initiatives that produce measurable results in staff satisfaction and performance.
· Demonstrated success in designing and implementing HR strategies that produce an organizational culture that values and benefits from the diversity of its staff and client base.
· Demonstrated success with all generalist functional aspects of HR, including recruiting, on-boarding, employee counseling/coaching, compensation and benefits, policy development, and performance management.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to inspire trust and confidence in staff at all levels of the agency.
· Experience with Microsoft, ADP/EZLabor and Reportsmith or equivalent.
· Demonstrated success gathering/analyzing/reporting data.
· Extensive knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with LEAN and other quality and efficiency tools strongly preferred.
Representative responsibilities (a full job description and performance targets will be developed together with the successful candidate):
1. Participates in organizational planning and development, employee training, employee relations, compensation, benefits and safety and health.
2. Develops HR practices and objectives that meet identified agency targets.
3. Ensures efficiency in HR operations and manages within budgeted resources.
4. Assists and advises senior management on HR issues.
5. Supervises new employee orientation and training department.
6. Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met in the hiring process.
7. Maintains up-to-date personnel information on computer for tracking of statistical information.
8. Negotiates and recommends benefit options for the agency.
9. Reviews marketing items and correspondence to ensure the integrity of the agency and its mission are reflected.
10. Ensures evaluation system is in place and meets agency and employee needs.
11. Mediates employee complaints/grievances.
12. Facilitates termination/disciplinary meetings with supervisors.
Closing Date: Until Filled