Gateway provides specialized counseling services for children, adults, seniors, couples and more; and with the help of United Way, we are able to offer these services to individuals and families at an affordable fee based on their income.
- Individual, Family, Couples, and Parent-Child Counseling
- Transparenting – a seminar for divorcing parents to reduce the negative impact of the divorce on their children
- GATE (Guiding Adolescents Through Education) – group-based intervention program designed to teach adolescents and their parents’ alternatives to aggression and violence
- Diagnostic Testing to assist with evaluating educational and IQ levels and clarifying psychological diagnosis.
- The Parent Project (Shelby County Office)- a parenting group for parents and adolescents that teaches problem solving, communication, and relationship building skills.
- Child and Adolescent psychiatric services and medication monitoring (Shelby County Office)
Areas of Counseling Specialization:
- Family Reunification Counseling
- Family Preservation Counseling
- ADHD symptom management
- Child/Adolescent Behavioral Issues
- Self Esteem/Assertiveness
- Marital/Couples Counseling
- Anger Management Skills
- Communication Problems
- Abuse Recovery Counseling
- School Adjustment Issues
- Trauma Recovery Counseling
- EMDR Therapy
Thanks to the following generous funding sources, Gateway’s Family Counseling Offices are able to provide services at an affordable fee based on their income:
Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham
Governor’s Safe and Drug Free Schools (ADECA/LETS)
Robert R. Meyer Foundation
United Way of Central Alabama
Shelby County Board of Education Needy Children’s Fund
Payment Forms Accepted: Medicaid; All-Kids; PEE-HIP ; some EAP programs; and a number of other insurances.