Since 1997, Gateway Financial Freedom (GFF) has helped families pay back more than $69,000,000 of debt. We are Alabama's most effective and affordable financial counseling service for individuals and families.
Proven results in one year:
- 98 families avoided foreclosure and kept their homes.
- 184 families became mortgage ready.
- 234 families avoided bankruptcy.
- Since October 2017, 20 families have recovered payday loans.
All services are strictly confidential and include:
- Debt Management Plans (DMP), through which a family’s debt is analyzed and repayment plans are negotiated with their creditors. DMP clients make a single payment to GFF, which then pays creditors according to the negotiated agreement.
- Budgeting – Trained and experienced counselors work with individuals and families to examine both revenues and expenses and to devise budgets designed to promote financial stability
- Mortgage Counseling - Allows potential homeowners to plan for the mortgage process by analyzing current finances, identifying “red flags,” and planning future actions to prepare for home ownership.
- Foreclosure Counseling – GFF staff members will advocate for clients at risk of foreclosure to determine what, if any, steps can be taken to prevent foreclosure
- Lighten Up Loan Program - This new loan program rescues individuals and families from payday lenders and puts them on the path to healthy credit and financial success. Participants receive free financial counseling, a comprehensive credit review, and budget plan from Gateway Financial Freedom. The Alabama Central Credit Union grants a loan that pays off their existing payday loans. Participants repay the credit union's loan over 12 months with affordable monthly payments.
- Community Education - The staff of Gateway Financial Freedom provide financial education services to groups throughout the community.
Make your confidential appointment today. Call 205-510-2755 or email email@example.com.
Gateway Financial Freedom Downloadable forms
Find out more about Gateway Financial Freedom on ABC 33/40 "Fighting for You!"
National Foundation for Credit Counseling: