Deciding to foster is a big decision for any family. We offer a comprehensive 10 week training program that allows participants the opportunity to learn vital information while deciding if fostering is the right choice for their family. Each week class members are provided information that will help them make an informed decision. Additionally, participants will receive twelve vital skills needed to become a successful foster parent: Know your own family, Communicate effectively, Know the Children, Build strengths; meet needs, Work in partnership, Be loss and attachment experts, Manage behaviors, Build connections, Build self-esteem, Assure health and safety, Assess impact, & Make and informed decision. To attend a foster parent training, pre-registration is required. For more information contact Anna at email@example.com, 271-1719, Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-2762, or Jennifer at email@example.com, 510-2722.
. TFC parents must be at least 25 years of age.
- TFC homes are in or near Jefferson and/or Shelby County.
- TFC homes are responsible for a child 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- TFC parents must complete a 10 week training program.
- TFC homes will work with biological parents, relatives, and the DHR system to best meet the needs of the child.
- TFC homes have long-term and/or short-term placement options based on the needs of the client.
- TFC homes work across racial and cultural boundaries.
- TFC homes work with children in crisis situations.
- TFC foster parents must submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
- TFC homes must meet State DHR standards for Foster Homes.
Home Standards –
Download TFC home standards.
I would like to apply –