Do you have a face mask?
As of May 1, face masks are required in public in The City of Birmingham. As of July 15, face masks are required in public statewide by the State of Alabama.
Masks are recommended by the CDC as well as medical experts to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. Check out the helpful resources below on all things face masks for Alabama children and families.
Why is wearing a mask important?
We'll let our friends at UAB Medicine explain this through the graphic below.
Where can I find CDC recommendations?
Check out the following links from the CDC about face masks:
- GUIDELINES: CDC face mask guidelines.
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about face masks.
- VIDEO: How to make a face mask covering.
How can I keep my mask clean? What masks are best?
We love this article in USA Today: How to Clean, Reuse or Hack a Coronavirus Mask.
Thanks to our donors, Gateway staff, foster families and teens aging out of foster care have face masks.
Thanks to the following donors, Gateway staff, foster families and teens aging out of foster care have face masks:
- Susan Barnett, Foster Parent in Training
- Dr. Channing Garber Brown, UAB Med Peds Resident
- Jefferson County Department of Health