Do you have a face mask?
As of May 1, face masks are required in public in The City of Birmingham. They are also recommended by the CDC. Check out the helpful resources below on all things face masks for Alabama children and families.
Where can I find CDC recommendations?
Check out the following links from the CDC about face masks:
- GUIDELINES: CDC face mask guidelines.
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about face masks.
- VIDEO: How to make a face mask covering.
What is required by The City of Birmingham?
You can view a copy of the ordinance yourself and get frequently asked questions answered using the links below.
- The City of Birmingham Face Mask Ordinance, Effective May 1, 2020, Amended May 5, 2020
- The City of Birmingham FAQs: Frequently asked questions about The City of Birmingham's ordinance.
- The City of Birmingham Infographic: This is a helpful visual graphic summarizing the ordinance.
Thanks to our donors, Gateway staff, foster families and teens aging out of foster care have face masks.
Thanks to the following donors, Gateway staff, foster families and teens aging out of foster care have face masks:
- Susan Barnett, Foster Parent in Training
- Dr. Channing Garber Brown, UAB Med Peds Resident
- Jefferson County Department of Health