- Gateway has served generations of children and families since 1891.
- Since 1997, Gateway has helped families pay back more than $70 million of debt.
- Gateway exceeds national statistics in helping foster youth graduate from high school, get a job and transition into adulthood.
Since launching our strategic plan in January 2016
- More than 125 foster youth got a job.
- More than 70 foster youth enrolled in college.
- Almost 300 therapeutic foster youth returned to family.
- More than 30 therapeutic foster youth were adopted.
- Over 400 families kept together through in-home counseling.
- Families paid back more than $2 million of debt.
- More than 80 families kept their homes and avoided foreclosure.
In Just One Year
- Families paid back $991,212 of debt
- 131 families stayed together after intensive in-home counseling
- 88 children returned to their families
- A record-breaking 13 foster children were adopted
- 98 families kept their homes and avoided foreclosure
- 234 families avoided bankruptcy
- 41 teens in foster care got a job and are learning to become independent adults